The RICOH MP C3003/MP C3503/MP C4503/MP C5503/MP C6003 series connects to a range of valuable cloud-based services for scanning, mobile printing and collaboration
Malvern, PA, August 8, 2013 – Ricoh Americas Corporation today introduced a new series of color multifunction products (MFPs) with significant improvements in image quality, ease of use and support for advanced workflows.
The RICOH MP C3003/MP C3503/MP C4503/MP C5503/MP C6003 series ranges from 30-60 pages per minute and offers:
• Connectivity to a range of cloud services for scanning document storage, mobile printing and collaboration through Ricoh’s optional Ricoh Integrated Cloud Environment (ICE) solution.
• Ricoh’s leading-edge display technology. A Smart Operation Panel (option) employs a 10.1-inch diagonal LED screen with a customizable tablet-like interface and simple icons driven by touch, like taps, pinches and flicks. The interface is ideal for customers that prefer similar operability to a smartphone/tablet. However, it also has the ability to switch to Ricoh’s traditional interface for customers who prefer the familiar operation.
• Professional grade image quality. The MFP continually calibrates as documents are printed to ensure stable image quality with minimal color deterioration.
• Optional embedded optical character recognition (OCR) supporting 14 languages, more than any other vendor, enabling customers to scan paper documents, making them electronic and searchable in one easy centralized step.
• Support for stock of up to 300 gsm/166 lb. index and optional SRA3 (12.6” x 17.7”), enabling customers to print cropping marks for edge-to-edge “full-bleed” graphics.
• Extensive optional finishing capabilities, including a 500-Sheet Internal Finisher to save floor space.
• Redesigned paper path for duplex printing adds to compact size; approximately 11 percent smaller vs. predecessor model.
• Improved typical energy consumption (TEC) values over predecessor models, making the new series among the industry’s lowest.
“Transform your MFP into an information portal by connecting to the cloud from your smartphones, tablet or other mobile device and use these powerful systems to print, share and discover the value of customized convenience,” said Jason Dizzine, Vice President, Technology Marketing, Ricoh Americas Corporation. “Along with ICE, they also serve as on-ramps to the Cloud and a host of valuable third-party services.”
The series also supports optional software such as: GlobalScan NX for advanced “scan to” workflows; eCopy PaperWorks for merging, editing, storing and retrieving scanned documents; HotSpot mobile printing and more.