The HP OfficeJet Pro 8000 is designed to deliver “the top-of-the-line features you want while keeping your costs low.” It has a fast printing speed of up to 20 pages per minute and networking features for 1 to 5 users, and can deliver a monthly duty cycle of 1,250 pages per month. With its HP Printing Technology, the HP OfficeJet Pro 8000 is perfect for creating business and marketing color materials that has impact and attract the eyes with their lively colors.
And if you are using this printer at your office or own one at home, then here’s an article that will help you understand more about how you can replace its hp ink cartridges and check the ink levels for your printer’s maintenance purposes. The following procedures and images were from HP Officejet Pro 8000 Wireless Printer – A809n Support:
Replacing the HP 940XL Ink Cartridges in HP OfficeJet Pro 8000
- Step 1 – Gently pull open the cartridge cover of your HP OfficeJet Pro 8000.
- Step 2 – Remove the empty cartridge that requires to be replaced. To do this, grasp it between your thumb and forefinger and pull it firmly toward you.
- Step 3 – Remove the new HP 940XL ink cartridge from its package.
- Step 4 – Align the cartridge with its color-coded slot and insert the cartridge into the slot. Press down firmly on the cartridge until it snaps into place.
- HP C4906AN (HP 940XL) – Black
- HP C4907AN (HP 940XL) – Cyan
- HP C4908AN (HP 940XL) – Magenta
- HP C4909AN (HP 940XL) – Yellow
- Step 5 – Repeat steps 2 through 4 for each cartridge that requires replacement and then close the cartridge cover.
Once, you have installed the new HP 940XL inks in your printer then it’s time to check the ink levels. To do this, follow the procedures below:
- Step 1 – Press and hold the Cancel button for 3 seconds.The self-test page prints. (Note: If the product is connected to a network, the network configuration page or the wireless configuration page also prints. This is normal.)
- Step 2 – The ink levels appear as gauges in the Ink Cartridge Status section of the self-test page.
If you are installing compatible or remanufactured HP 940XL ink cartridges, there is a probability that your printer will still notify you that it’s “ink level is low”. This is normal since your printer’s memory is boot to use only genuine HP supplies and it will not recognize any alternative products. You can ignore this and continue to print or if not, you can reset your HP OfficeJet Pro 8000 to fix the problem. You can also disable the “printing status” and “ink level” options for the printer to stop pestering you with error messages and notifications.
How to Replace HP 940XL Ink Cartridges and Check Ink Levels in HP OfficeJet Pro 8000, 9.5 out of 10 based on 2 ratings